Welcome to the website of
West Sussex Local Optical Committee.
West Sussex LOC is the official organisation representing optometrists, dispensing opticians and optical practices working in West Sussex.
Through this website we aim to provide eye care practitioners, other health care professionals and the public with information on all aspects of eye care provision available within all regions of West Sussex.
West Sussex LOC exists to:
- Liaise with local NHS commissioners and other organisations
- Collate and disseminate information and correspondence on mandatory procedures, best practice and bench marking to the profession
- Provide continued educational training and promote excellence through training for eye care professionals in our area
- Promote and develop the role of optometry and dispensing optics within the community
- Develop partnerships in shared care with the CCG and neighbouring LOCs